Direct Support Professional Position
AR Ministry Corporation is seeking Direct Support Professionals to work as part-time
independent contractors providing Community Based Supports for Adults with I/DD and/or
Respite Services for Youth with I/DD. We currently provide services in Atlantic, Bergen, Cape
May, Essex, Middlesex, Mercer, Passaic, and Union counties.
Community based supports are services that provide direct support and assistance for adults with
intellectual and or developmental disabilities, with or without the caregiver present, in or out of
the individual’s residence, to achieve and/or maintain the outcomes of increased independence,
productivity, enhanced family functioning, and inclusion in the community, as outlined in his/her
Service Plan. Community-Based Supports are delivered one-on-one and may include but are not
limited to: assistance with community-based activities and assistance to, as well as training and
supervision of, individuals as they learn and perform the various tasks that are included in basic
self-care, social skills, and activities of daily living.
Respite Service Providers will provide emotional, physical and recreational care for youths (ages
5-20) diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the home and community setting.
What we’re looking for
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have a HS diploma or associate degree in Psychology, Education, Sociology, or related
- Must be willing and able to attend required trainings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and Abstract (not to exceed 5 points)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass required criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Must be able to obtain medical clearance in order to provide services
- Plans and implements goal-based activities for the children supervised
- Obtain permission from the parent/legal guardian for all activities
- Completes paperwork, including individual support plans, individual progress notes, and time
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to resume to: email@example.com with your introduction and resume attached.
This position is a rolling application.
Location and Scheduling
The location and scheduling for this position is based on the family’s needs so flexibility is a must!
This is a part time position.